The Globe's Leading VPN & Internet Security Reviews & News
Find the best VPN now
Internet Security News
If you ever find yourself sitting in class bored with nothing to do, t ...
Streaming movies has been a thing for many years now. The likes of Net ...
“You seem to be using an unblocker or proxy.” Aren't those words just ...
Let's be honest – torrents are great for downloading movies, tv ...
For beginners, torrenting can seem like quite a hard thing to get into ...
We do VPN Reviews
Welcome to VPNsRus.com, one of the top VPN reviews sites around. We've crunched the numbers and trialled well over 50 of the leading VPN providers from around the world, and recorded our findings & thoughts on what the best VPN options are here on the site.
We can help you narrow down your VPN search with our various reviews based on device, operating system, country, feature set and more, as well as keep you informed with our detailed internet security blog.
If you’d like to know more about what a VPN actually is we have you covered. Read on now for the briefing soldier. We also have a detailed guide on how to deal with Netflix proxy issues, which is something many people are interested in. And likewise, a major interest is the best torrenting sites that still work in 2018 and, naturally, the best VPNs to use when torrenting.
What is a VPN?
Well, you could check out the Wikipedia article on VPNs as that's always a good starting point.
But hey… why do that when you can just read this next sentence:
A VPN allows the user to send and receive data across a network (like the Internet) in a secure manner as if their computer were directly connected to a private network situated in a remote location.
A VPN hides your IP address. Why is that a good thing? Your IP address is like your house address in that it identifies who you are and where you are. With a VPN you can throw that way off, and keep prying eyes out of your personal business.
If you don't mask your IP address, especially when using a public network (hello Starbucks or Airport WiFi!) it will put your computer and your personal data and privacy at risk.
By using a VPN you can surf the interwebz securely, privately and feel like a total computer mastermind in the process.
Why should you use a VPN?
Paranoia paranoia! No really… you should be paranoid.
Between nefarious types listening in and attempting to steal your data on unsecured connections, and the various Governments of the world wanting to keep tabs on everything you're doing, why wouldn't you want a VPN?
Not to mention, there's a range of other fun reasons why you should use a VPN.
Sneaking into Netflix libraries from around the world? Check.
Accessing region restricted videos on YouTube and the like? Check.
Reading content from overseas? Check.
A VPN allows you to mask your internet connection to keep prying eyes out.
It also allows you to spoof your location, so one second you can appear to be in the USA, the next you're in Australia, all without leaving the comfort of your home.
So, is it any wonder that more and more people these days are seeking out the best VPN they can find?
So how do I get the best VPN?
Well, that's where we come in.
Our team are a bunch of tech heads, computer nerds and poindexter types. Perfectly suited to analysing the VPN options available on the market.
We set them loose on the internet, with a licence to create trials with every VPN service they come across.
They then put together in-depth analysis and reviews of the service, based on the following elements:
- Anonymity – This is the big one. We analyse what measures the VPN company has in place to make sure your data is kept away from the prying eyes of third parties.
- Speed – There's nothing more frustrating than using a slow internet connection. Some VPNs can bring your browsing to a crawl. And that's bad mmkay? As such, we take a good look at how fast each VPN service is.
- Reliability – Just the same as a slow internet connection being annoying, so too is an unstable one. There's no point signing up for a VPN if it is under heavy load and can't deal with the traffic. We put every VPN we review through its paces to make sure its performance is up to scratch.
- Customer Support – Got questions? You should get answers, and quickly. We lodge a few customer support tickets with every VPN we review, to make sure that they are responsive and assist with resolving any issues as quickly as possible.
- Price – So this is important to some, not as important to others. We still take a look at the sheer dollar cost of every VPN we review. Some people are happy to pay for premium solutions, whereas others are looking for a cheap VPN or dare we say it even a free VPN.
We pride ourselves on packing all of our VPN reviews chock full of information. There's no half-baked content here.
And, we know most people at the end of the day probably aren't interested in reading all about the ins and outs and intricacies of a VPN service.
That's why we have put together a list of the best VPN options based on a range of factors such as the country you live in, the features you're looking for, the device or operating system you're using and a range of others.